Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Vintage Lace Collar





I found this lace collar in a bag of old lace that I got from my grandma and I decided to turn it into a necklace.
I hand stitched wool felt pieces to the back of it to give it some stability and then added chain with jump rings that I stitched on the back and then I made it dangle in the back with a crystal embellishment on the end.  It would be so pretty with a strapless dress. For a nice evening out. Give those bags of lace a second look and maybe you will find a treasure. I will think of my grandma every time I wear it.

                                                                              XoXo

4 comments:

  1. This is so lovely - and such a good idea to dress up a t-shirt or tank dress, too! It's even more special that it belonged to your grandma - imagine her liking it so much she saved it to 'do something with', and now you're actually doing something with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty and creative! Great idea! :)

    ReplyDelete